This recipe is adapted from The Pioneer Woman’ s recipe. The original recipe is delicious but it had too much dairy for my liking so if you like extremely cheesy, creamy food you should try the original! My version just cuts out some of the fat.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken, cut up or shredded
- 3 cups Dry Spaghetti, Broken Into Two Inch Pieces (about 12 oz)
- 1 can Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- 3/4 cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ cup Finely Diced Green Pepper
- ¼ cup Finely Diced Onion (or ½ tsp of onion powder)
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- ⅛ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- Milk (for thinning)
- 1/4 cup Additional Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Cook spaghetti until al dente (almost done but still a little firm). Don’t overcook! When spaghetti is cooked, combine with remaining ingredients except additional cheddar cheese. If you feel the mixture is too think or dry, add in milk until you’ve reached a good saucy consistency. Place mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining sharp cheddar.
Cover and freeze up to six months, cover and refrigerate up to two days, or bake immediately: 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly. (If the cheese on top starts to get too cooked, cover with foil).