Prep: 5 min.
Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (at least 90% lean)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 hamburger buns, split (I just use bread. It’s cheaper and I always have some on hand)
- In a saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the ketchup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire
- sauce, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Serve on
- buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Original recipe from the Taste of Home website.