This recipe comes from The Marathon Mom. She is the mom of 8 boys… what a lucky mom! I’d love to have all boys like that. I’m 1/4 of the way there 🙂
- 3 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup almonds – coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In small saucepan, stir together brown sugar, coconut oil, and honey. Stir constantly while bringing to a boil.
- Once the mixture has boiled for 30 seconds or so, remove from heat and set aside.
- In large baking pan or cookie sheet, mix oats, coconut, and almonds.
- Stir vanilla into brown sugar/coconut oil, honey mixture, then pour onto oat mixture.
- Mix well to evenly coat.
- Bake at 350 degrees, for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once cooled, add your favorite dried fruit, and eat plain or serve as breakfast cereal.