- 8 medium carrots (about 1lb)
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 sticks butter (softened)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Place oven rack to center and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9X13 pan with cooking spray.
2. Peel and trip the carrots using a box grater. (You want about 3 cups total.)
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt.
4. Using a mixer, blend butter with both sugars until pale and fluffy, about three minutes. Add the eggs and the vanilla and continue beating on medium speed until well blended. Reduce the mixer’s speed to low and add the carrots. Mix in butterscotch chips and walnuts.
5. Gradually add flour mixture. Pour batter into pan and spread evenly.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes, rotating the pan halfway.
7. Let cool completely before serving.