- 1 lb extra-lean Ground Beef
- 2 TBS dehydrated onion (or 1 tsp onion powder)
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 TBS flour
- 1 ½ cups water or pineapple juice
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 3 TBS soy sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine meatball ingredients. Shape into 1-inch balls and place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Place under the broiler in your oven for 5-7 minutes or until the meatballs begin to brown.
- In a large saucepan, whisk together the sauce ingredients and bring a boil. Add the meatballs and reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often.
Serve over white rice with a side of stir-fried Asian veggies.
Another delicious recipe from the Our Best Bites: Mormon Moms in the Kitchen cookbook!