- 2 cups diced or shredded chicken breast meat
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4.5 oz) can diced green chili peppers, drained
- 1 (10 oz) can red enchilada sauce (Don’t use El Paso, It was flavorless!)
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas (Tortilla chips may be a better choice)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (8 oz) container sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and spray with vegetable cooking spray. Sauté chicken with cumin, garlic powder and coriander until chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in the cilantro, black beans, and green chili peppers.
- Spread half of the enchilada sauce over the bottom of an 11×7 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Place 4 tortillas over the sauce, overlapping if necessary. Spoon half of the chicken mixture over the tortillas, and sprinkle with half of the cheese and half of the sour cream.
- Spoon the remaining enchilada sauce over the cheese, and make another layer of tortillas. Layer the remaining chicken mixture over the tortillas.
- Cover dish with a lid or aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove the cover, and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and dot with sour cream. Continue cooking, uncovered, for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.