- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1-2 tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 12 hard taco shells
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and add onion and garlic – saute for about 5 minutes until soft. Add beef and taco seasoning, cooking until meat is browned. Add beans and salsa. Mix well and let cook for a couple of minutes so that the flavors can meld and the mixture can thicken.
- In a large 9×13″ baking pan, line up all the taco shells. Fill each one with a couple of scoops of the beef mixture and pack down into the shell. Repeat until all the shells are filled. Top each taco with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (or until all the cheese is melted).
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings (tomatoes, lettuce, olives, sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo , hot sauce, or whatever you like!).
Makes 4-6 servings (depending on how many tacos each person wants!).
Recipe Source: Six Sister’s Stuff