Makes 4 servings
Cooking time: 6-8 hours
- 2 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp flour
- Salt and pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Tortilla Chips
Topping Ideas: cheddar cheese, avocado slices, diced tomatoes, lime, etc.
1. Throw the frozen chicken in the slow cooker. Cover it with the salsa, corn, beans, taco seasoning.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
3. Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board. Either shred it by using this quick tip or cut it up into bite size pieces.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream and flour. Then stir the mixture into the slow cooker. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Turn slow cooker to HIGH and let cook for about 15 minutes without the lid, so it can thicken a little.
6. Make a bed of tortilla chips, top with a scoop of rice and a spoonful of chicken and sauce. Then top with desired toppings.
Slightly adapted from this recipe here