- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated (or diced)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced or ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 TBS beef bouillon granules (about 4 cubes)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 1/2 c milk, divided
- 3 TBS all-purpose flour
- 8 oz Cheddar Cheese, cubed
- Top with 4 slices of bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled (Optional)
- Brown ground beef. Drain off excess grease and set aside
- Combine all ingredients listed before beef in the ingredient list in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender. Stir in beef and only 2 cups of milk.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and remaining 1/2 cup milk until smooth.
- Gradually whisk milk mixture into soup.
- Bring to a boil; cook until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly – be careful not to burn it! Reduce heat to low; add cheese and stir until completely melted.
- Top with bacon if you’d like.
Adapted from the recipe found at The Country Cook