Author: Janice Ryan
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hour 5 mins
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh broccoli (you could also use zucchini, peppers, or any other veggie you have on hand)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350˚
- Spray skillet with cooking spray (you can also skip the spray and use the skillet that is now coated in bacon grease). Saute onions, broccoli and any denser veggies (peppers, etc…) for a few minutes, stirring occasionally (you can also steam the broccoli if you prefer softer veggies). Once veggies are soft, add leafy greens (spinach, kale…) and wilt for about 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Put some shredded cheese in the pie crust, so that the bottom is just covered. Spoon veggie mixture into crust and sprinkle rest of cheese on top.
- Crack eggs into bowl and beat. Add milk, melted butter and a few shakes of salt and pepper. Mix well with a whisk or fork. Pour egg mixture over vegetables and cheese.
- Place quiche on a baking sheet and bake in oven for 45 minutes or until center of quiche has set.
- Remove from oven and allow to set and cool for 10 minutes before serving.