- 2 Tablespoons salted butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 large yellow or white onion (or 1 small whole onion), chopped
- 4 or 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 5 or 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound noodles (your favorite shape)
- Melt butter in large pot, add olive oil and chopped onions.
- Salt onions, stir, then turn to medium heat and cover pot with lid while preparing other ingredients.
- Stir in chopped celery, garlic, and carrots, and about a cup of chicken broth.
- Add chicken and the remaining chicken broth.
- Add salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in noodles, and cook until tender, about 12 minutes.
Recipe source: The Marathon Mom