- 3 – 4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed and diced (about 1.5 lbs)
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp, cooled and crumbled
- 3/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9″ x 9″ baking pan or casserole dish.
- Spread half of the diced potatoes in bottom of pan. Place the diced chicken breasts evenly on top. Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Sprinkle with half the bacon crumbles, 1/4 cup of the cheese, and half the green onions.
- Spread the remaining diced potatoes on top, followed by the remaining bacon, another 1/4 cup cheese, remaining green onions and another 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Pour milk over top of casserole and then dot with the butter. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Uncover and bake another 30 minutes. In the last few minutes of baking, sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and bake until melted. Serve.
Find the original recipe here!