I know this isn’t a food recipe but for those of you with kids, this is a money-saving helpful tip! Baby items can really add up!
Let’s look at the cost savings: If you match a coupon and a sale you can usually get paper towels for about $0.75 a roll. The other items add about $0.50. So for $1.25 it makes 200 wipes! Let’s compare that to the normal $2 for 64 wipes. To buy 200 wipes would cost you $6.25. You save $5 per 200 wipes! We go through that in less than a month. In 1 year that saves more than $60! A baby is normally in diapers for about 2.5 years so that’s $150 you could save just by making your own wipes!! And you know what? These were perfect for my son who had a super sensitive bum. They didn’t have any harsh chemicals that burned his skin like some of the store bought wipes. Bonus!!
- Roll of GOOD paper towels (like brawny)
- 1 Gallon-sized ziploc bag
- 1 TBS Coconut Oil
- 1 TBS Baby Wash
- 1 Cup Hot Water
- Saw the roll of paper towels in half and place 1 half in a gallon sized ziploc bag.
- Mix the hot water, oil, and baby wash together.
- Pour half of the mixture into the bag over the paper towels. Turn the roll over and pour remaining mixture on top.
- Once it’s soaked in, pull out the cardboard center.
- Make sure you let them cool before using on your baby!