Last week I had about an hour to kill before my 2-year old’s bedtime. So I decided we’d try to make a new granola recipe. I had already started the process only to realize I was out of brown sugar. Shoot. Well thank goodness for google and I found a recipe on how to make your own brown sugar. With only that minor setback, the granola creation was a success! This granola turned out to be the perfect snack, breakfast, yogurt topper, and more. Even though it made almost 10 cups, we had it devoured in less than a week. It is just so good!
Coconut Quinoa Granola
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 cups oats
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup quinoa (optional)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup craisins or raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, combine oil, honey, salt, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir occasionally.
- While that is heating, in a large bowl mix together the oats, coconut, quinoa, and nuts.
- When the sugar is dissolved and it is almost to a boil, pour the hot mixture into the large bowl and stir until oats are completely coated.
- Spread the granola out on the 2 pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes make sure to stir every 10 minutes and rotate the pans between your oven racks as well.