- 14 pieces manicotti, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups part skim ricotta cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Italian style diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine cooked, cubed chicken, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, egg, oregano, salt and pepper together and stir until well mixed.
- Fill each cooked manicotti with the chicken and cheese mixture carefully so that the manicotti doesn’t tear (The author suggests filling a plastic bag with the chicken and cheese mixture. Cut a small hole in the corner and squeeze the filling into the manicotti).
- Add the crushed tomatoes in saucepan over low heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon chopped basil leaves and stir until it starts to bubble.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and place the stuffed manicotti in it.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the manicotti. Sprinkle with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Recipe source: Six Sisters Stuff (another one of my favorite blogs!)