- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (Divided 3/4 c and 1/4 cup)
- 3 cups cooked wild rice (Prep this by cooking 1 cup uncooked wild rice in 4 cups water for 50 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat and cook the onions for 2 minutes.
- Season with 1/2 tsp of salt and cook another 4 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Remove the onions and place in a bowl.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in the sauté pan and cook the chicken, garlic powder and remaining 1/2 tsp of salt for 3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Combine all the ingredients together, place in an 8 x 8 inch baking dish and sprinkle with additional shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Have you ever heard of Weelicious? They have a lot of family friendly recipes including this one!