- 2 cups raw,chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Toppings: rice, olives, tomatoes, pineapple, coconut, chow mein noodles, and green onions
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the chicken and the onion powder. Cook until chicken is cooked through (about 7-8 minutes).
- Add the garlic and stir.
- Sprinkle the flour over the chicken mixture and stir to coat. Keep stirring the chicken for about 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and the milk. Continue whisking until smooth (except for the chicken!)
- Add salt and pepper and bring sauce to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer, stirring frequently, for about 10-15 minutes, depending on how thick you want it.
- Remove from heat and serve the chicken sauce over rice and top with desired toppings.
This recipe is from a friend from college started up this awesome blog called “Dish Up Delish“. Her food is heavenly. You should follow her blog!