- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, sliched thin
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup ham, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup colby-jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400. Grease a glass 8×8 dish and set aside.
- Combin the slightly beaten egg with hash browns and parmesan cheese.
- Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the glass dish.
- Bake the crust for 15 mintues or until the edges begin to brown.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in zucchini and red pepper. Stir often, for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in ham, basil, salt and pepper until well combined. Remove the pan from heat and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Beat the remaining 2 eggs and milk together in a large mixing bowl. Add in the zucchini mixture and cheese, stirring to blend. Pour the mixture into the baked potato crust.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until set. Allow the casserole to stand 10 minutes before cutting.
This recipe comes from a Hillbilly Housewife cookbook.