Here is the shopping list for May’s Meal Plan
- Celery, 1 rib
- cilantro, 1/2 cup chopped
- garlic 13 cloves, (1-2 bulbs)
- grape tomatoes, 1 pint
- green bell pepper, 2
- green onions, 1 bunch
- lemons, 3
- onion, 3
- potatoes, 3 medium
- red pepper, 2 large
- Romaine Lettuce 2 heads
- spinach – about 8 leaves?
- yellow squash, 1 medium
- zucchini, 1 medium
Common Pantry Items
- Dijon mustard 3 TBS
- Ketchup 1 TBS
- Oats 1 cup
- olive oil 1 cup +
- Ranch dressing or your favorite 🙂
- Soy sauce (I used lite) 2 TBS
- Wild rice, 1 cup
- part-skim ricotta cheese 1 1/4 cups
- sour cream 1 3/4 cups + more for topping if you wish
- milk ¼ cup
- Cheese – 9.5 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cheese – parmesan cheese 1 cup grated
- Cheese – 2 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Cheese – Mozzerella cheese 1-2 cups
- black beans, 5 cans
- Chili, 1 cans (meat or meatless)
- kidney beans, 16 oz (2 cans if you want)
- red enchilada sauce, 2 cups (16 oz)
- Refried Beans, 1 can
- Rotel, 1 can
- Tomato Sauce 8 oz
- tomatoes, 16 oz
- white beans, 2 15.5-ounce cans
- bacon, 8 slices
- Chicken breasts 19
- Ground beef 2 lbs
- Roast Beef about 2.5 lbs
- Broccoli florets 10 – 12 oz (2 packages)
- corn, 2 ½ cups
- Hamburger Buns (or slices of bread if you’re cheap like me)
- small corn tortillas 10
- Tortillas, burrito sized (one for each person)
- Swiss 4 slices
- Ham 8 thin slices
- chicken broth ½ c
- Enchilada sauce
- Pepperoni or other pizza toppings
- Pizza dough (or make your own)
- Pizza Sauce (or make your own!)
- Quinoa, ½ cup uncooked
- Ranch Dressing Mix 1 pkg
- Salsa – 1 – 10-ounce jar
- Salsa – 1 jar Green Salsa
- Taco Shells 1 pkg
- tortilla chips 11 cups
- Whole Wheat Angel hair pasta 16 oz
- Optional toppings: bacon, cheese, mayo, ranch dressing, ketchup, whatever you like on burgers!
- crescent rolls, 1 tube
- Eggs 10
- Kraft Fresh Take Cheddar Jack and Bacon 1 pkg
- pie crust,1 9-inch, refrigerated (or make your own!)
- Bay Leaf 1
- Chili Powder
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Thyme
- Garlic Powder
- Garlic Salt
- Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Season Salt
This month my family is trying to eat less flour and sugar, so you’ll see a lot less pasta and recipes with bread on here. And I don’t know about where you live, but here in Arizona it is starting to get HOT, so I included several recipes for the slow cooker and the grill so you don’t have to heat up your kitchen. (You can use your oven if you really want.)
- 2.5 Roast Beef (chuck or whatever cut you want)
- 1 pkg Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 jar Green Salsa
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Place roast in the crock pot
- Sprinkle ranch dressing mix and ground cumin on top/
- Cover with green salsa.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred with 2 forks when it is done.
- Allow meat to cool and divide for future recipes and store in freezer until you need it.
Shredded Beef Tacos
1 lb Beef Taco Meat
1 pkg Taco Shells
1/2 – 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Topping ideas: shredded lettuce, sour cream, diced tomatoes, salsa, taco sauce
Fill tacos with meat and toppings! Enjoy 🙂
- 1 pie crust, 9-inch, refrigerated (or make your own!)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 10 oz frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well-drained
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Press pie crust into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch, removable-bottom tart pan or a 9-inch pie pan; refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, add ricotta cheese, cheddar cheese, egg, egg whites, mustard, onion powder, oregano, salt and pepper; mix well and fold in broccoli. Spoon mixture into prepared crust and level surface with a wooden spoon; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until a knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces. Yields 1 piece per serving.
This recipe actually a Weight Watchers Recipe!
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (Small chicken breasts OR 2 large ones cut in half)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Heat oven to 425 degrees or heat the grill to medium/high heat.
- Place four large pieces of foil on the counter and spray them lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Top each foil piece with a chicken breast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl, combine black beans, corn, Rotel and cumin.
- Divide mixture among the four foil packages, evenly topping each piece of chicken.
- Pull up the long sides of foil and crimp together, then fold up the short sides of foil and crimp. Leave extra room in each packet for steam.
- Place sealed packets seam side up a baking sheet.
- Bake packets for 20 minutes or grill for 15-20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and open each packet carefully. Sprinkle each packet with 1/4 cup cheese and close each packet.
- Let sit for 2 minutes for cheese to melt before serving. Top with green onions and serve. (Tip from the blogger: poke a small hole in the bottom of the packets and drain the juices over a sink so the chicken isn’t watery.)
Find this and other yummy recipes here.
- 16 oz Whole Wheat Angel hair pasta
- 2 chicken breasts, pre-cooked and sliced into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 TSB Olive oil
- Garlic salt
- 10 – 12 oz Frozen Broccoli florets (thawed) or 10-12 oz fresh broccoli chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta per instructions on package.
- In a pan, heat up the olive oil and add minced garlic.
- Add chicken to pan and saute until warm. Add the broccoli.
- Cover the pan and let broccoli cook until tender.
- Sprinkle the veggies and chicken with garlic salt and parmesan cheese and mix together.
- Add the drained pasta to the pan. Drizzle the pasta with olive oil, garlic salt and parmesan cheese.
- Mix everything together and let heat up for about 3 minutes.
This recipe is adapted from this recipe here!