- 2-3 boneless chicken breasts, sliced into tenders
- 2 Cans of Green Beans – (Note: NEVER purchase unsalted, canned green beans. They are nasty!)
- 5 -6 Small Red Potatoes – Diced up into quarters
- 1 Package of Italian Dressing Mix
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup of Butter
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- All of the ingredients go in the a 9×13 dish. You’re going to make 3 rows: 1 row of potatoes, 1 row of chicken in the center, and 1 row of green beans.
- Sprinkle your packet of Italian Dressing mix over the entire dish.
- Then melt your butter in the microwave and pour it over everything.
- Cover with aluminum foil and cook for 1 hour.
I found several versions of this recipe but this one mainly came from this blog here!
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (Small chicken breasts OR 2 large ones cut in half)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Heat oven to 425 degrees or heat the grill to medium/high heat.
- Place four large pieces of foil on the counter and spray them lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Top each foil piece with a chicken breast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl, combine black beans, corn, Rotel and cumin.
- Divide mixture among the four foil packages, evenly topping each piece of chicken.
- Pull up the long sides of foil and crimp together, then fold up the short sides of foil and crimp. Leave extra room in each packet for steam.
- Place sealed packets seam side up a baking sheet.
- Bake packets for 20 minutes or grill for 15-20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and open each packet carefully. Sprinkle each packet with 1/4 cup cheese and close each packet.
- Let sit for 2 minutes for cheese to melt before serving. Top with green onions and serve. (Tip from the blogger: poke a small hole in the bottom of the packets and drain the juices over a sink so the chicken isn’t watery.)
Find this and other yummy recipes here.
- 16 oz Whole Wheat Angel hair pasta
- 2 chicken breasts, pre-cooked and sliced into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 TSB Olive oil
- Garlic salt
- 10 – 12 oz Frozen Broccoli florets (thawed) or 10-12 oz fresh broccoli chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta per instructions on package.
- In a pan, heat up the olive oil and add minced garlic.
- Add chicken to pan and saute until warm. Add the broccoli.
- Cover the pan and let broccoli cook until tender.
- Sprinkle the veggies and chicken with garlic salt and parmesan cheese and mix together.
- Add the drained pasta to the pan. Drizzle the pasta with olive oil, garlic salt and parmesan cheese.
- Mix everything together and let heat up for about 3 minutes.
This recipe is adapted from this recipe here!