Yeilds 1 9×9 dish – Serves 4-6 people depending on how hungry everyone is!
- 5 to 6 cups whole corn chips, crushed (about 2 1/2 cups crushed)
- 1 – 10-ounce can chili (Use meatless chili for a meatless dish or use chili with meat for a hearty meal)
- 1 – 10-ounce can black beans, red beans, refried beans, bean medleys
- 1 – 10-ounce jar salsa or tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- An additional 2 to 3 cups whole corn chips, crushed (1 – 1 1/2 cups crushed)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a 9-by-9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add 5 to 6 cups chips (about 5 big handful of chips from the bag) and with a wooden spoon or similar, poke and crush the chips to the size of a dime.
- Add the chili, beans, salsa, 1 1/2 cups cheese, and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove pan from oven and spread sour cream in a layer over the casserole.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese evenly over the top of the sour cream. Sprinkle 1 – 1 1/4 cups crushed corn chips over the top and bake for 9 to 12 minutes, or until top is browned to desired level.
- Serve immediately. Optional Toppings: sour cream, cheese, or chopped cilantro or onion.
Thanks Averie Cooks for a great recipe!