This recipe comes from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom. She has an amazing blog. You should check it out 🙂 Ingredients:
- 32 oz chicken both
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 cans or Green Chili enchilada sauce
- 4 oz can of diced green chilies
- 3/4 cup of water
- 2 tbsp of ground cumin
- 1 tbsp of chile powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 cup of frozen corn (defrosted)
- 1 block of Cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup of instant rice
- salt and pepper to taste (depending on the sodium level of your broth, you may need more salt.)
- table spoon of corn starch (only if needed)
- In your slow cooker, mix together the broth, green enchilada sauce, green chilies, water, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and cumin. (My spice measurements are to my taste, it is up to you if you like more or less…)
- Add the chicken breasts to the crock pot and cook on low for 7 hours.
- At the 7 hour mark, remove the chicken to another dish. Shred the chicken and put back in your slow cooker. Add the rice, corn and cream cheese to the soup mixture and replace the lid. Cook for another 30 minutes and stir the soup, making sure to get the cream cheese mixed in. You may need to cook just a bit longer to ensure the cream cheese is melted completely.
- At this point, you can judge to consistency of your soup. If you would like it thicker, mix a table spoon of corn starch with about 1/8 cup of water and then mix into the soup, after 10 to 20 minutes the soup should thicken considerably.
Enjoy! Recipe from: Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
This recipe is adapted from the recipe I found in the Our Best Bites: Mormon Moms in the Kitchen
cookbook. I’ve never made it exactly as they wrote it but every variation I’ve made has been fantastic.
Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos
3 oz cream cheese
1/4 C Red or Green salsa
1T fresh lime juice
1/2 t cumin
1 t chili powder
1/2 t onion powder
1/4 t granulated garlic, or garlic powder
2 C shredded cooked chicken
1 C grated Cheddar
Small corn tortillas (and actually, flour ones are really good as well)
Heat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray. Heat cream cheese in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds so it’s soft and easy to stir. Add salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion powder and granulated garlic. Stir to combine and then add chicken and cheese. Combine well.
Work with a few tortillas at a time and heat in the microwave until they are soft enough to roll without cracking. It helps to place them between damp paper towels. Usually 20-30 seconds will do it. If you find yours are cracking when you roll them or are coming unrolled right away, just try heating them longer and try the paper towel thing.
Place 2-3 T of chicken mixture on the lower third of a tortilla, keeping it about 1/2 inch from the edges. Roll up tortillas and place seam down on a baking sheet, not touching one another. Spray lightly with cooking spray, or lightly brush with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt. Place pan in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and the ends start to get golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.
- 2 can black beans
- 1 can corn, undrained
- 1 can Rotel, undrained
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 – 8 oz package light cream cheese
- 2 chicken breasts
- Tortilla Chips
Drain and rinse black beans.
Place chicken at bottom of pot, then pour out whole can of corn (undrained), rotel, and black beans.
Top with seasonings and ranch mix. Stir together.
Place cream cheese on top.
Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Stir cream cheese into chili. Use 2 forks to shred chicken. Stir together and serve over tortilla chips.
Thank you Plan Chicken for the recipe!!