Makes 4 Servings
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (Small chicken breasts OR 2 large ones cut in half)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Heat oven to 425 degrees or heat the grill to medium/high heat.
- Place four large pieces of foil on the counter and spray them lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Top each foil piece with a chicken breast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl, combine black beans, corn, Rotel and cumin.
- Divide mixture among the four foil packages, evenly topping each piece of chicken.
- Pull up the long sides of foil and crimp together, then fold up the short sides of foil and crimp. Leave extra room in each packet for steam.
- Place sealed packets seam side up a baking sheet.
- Bake packets for 20 minutes or grill for 15-20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and open each packet carefully. Sprinkle each packet with 1/4 cup cheese and close each packet.
- Let sit for 2 minutes for cheese to melt before serving. Top with green onions and serve. (Tip from the blogger: poke a small hole in the bottom of the packets and drain the juices over a sink so the chicken isn’t watery.)
Find this and other yummy recipes here.
Pair these kabobs with a salad and rice for the perfect dinner!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 lemons (washed)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 7-8 green onions (we actually leave this out and add onion powder to the marinade)
- Slice the chicken breasts lengthwise into thirds, and then slice again into about 1-inch chunks. Place chicken chunks in a ziploc bag and set aside.
- Zest* one of the lemons and add to a medium size bowl. Juice that lemon plus one more, add to the lemon zest and then add the minced garlic and oregano and stir. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and whisk to combine. Add kosher salt and pepper. Pour the marinade into the bag with the chicken chunks.
- Marinate the chicken in the fridge for 30 minutes- 3 hours.
- When you’re ready to grill, prepare the grill by lightly greasing the grate with cooking spray and set to medium high heat.
- If using wooden skewers, you have to prep them by soaking them in water for 10 minutes. Metal ones don’t need to be prepped at all.
- Slice the remaining lemon in thin rounds and then slice the rounds in half. Trim the bottoms of the green onions off and cut into 1-inch lengths.
- Thread one piece of the chicken onto a skewer then two slices of green onion, and then another piece of chicken. Fold a slice of lemon in half and thread next to the chicken, grouping closely on the skewer. Add another piece of chicken, then green onions and repeat the pattern until you’ve reached the end of the skewer, ending with chicken. Discard any of the remaining marinade.
- Grill chicken, turning often so each side browns and has light grill marks, until cooked through, about 10-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Thanks FoodieCrush for the delicious recipe
* I don’t have a zester so I use mine fine cheese grater and it works great.
Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices thinly-sliced deli ham
- 4 slices Swiss or Havarti cheese, each slice cut in half
- Olive Oil
- Cut chicken breasts not quite all the way in half and open them up.
- Place 2 slices of ham (folded up) on each breast and then top ham with two cheese halves. Close halves.
- Season both sides of each chicken breast with salt and pepper. Place the breasts in a large zip-top bag and drizzle in olive oil to well-coat all sides of the breasts.
- Marinate in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Preheat grill or indoor grill pan.
- Place chicken cut-side up onto the grill. Close lid to grill or loosely cover indoor grill pan (if using) with foil.
- Allow to grill for 10 – 15 minutes on the first side.
- Flip the chicken and let cook for another 5+ minutes until the chicken is fully cooked. (It may be more or less depending on how thick your chicken is.)
- Let sit for a few minutes before serving.
Check out this and other amazing recipes at Joyously Domestic!
Ahhhhhh!! I found it! The most delicious, absolutely perfect pizza dough recipe EVER. It turns out perfect every time. And when you bite into the finished pizza, I think you can hear the angels singing. It’s that good. 😉
Whole Wheat Herbed Pizza Dough
- 2.5 cups white whole wheat flour (I like doing half whole wheat, half white)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1 cup warm water (105-110 degrees)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dry active yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and Italian seasonings. In a graduated measuring up stir together warm water, honey, yeast, and olive oil. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until a stiff dough forms. Turn out on a generously floured surface and knead about 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. (You can also use a stand mixer or food processor with a dough attachment for this step.) Allow to rest for 15-20 minutes (it seriously grows like crazy!).
Oven: Add toppings and bake at 500 degrees. Crust should be lightly browned and cheese will be bubbly.
Grill: I’m not the best at this. This is my husband’s territory. But Our Best Bites has a great tutorial for grilling pizzas here.
Servings: 2 medium thin crust pizzas (1 large or deep dish pizza)
Author/Source: Kim @ Onceamonthmom.com