- 2.5 Roast Beef (chuck or whatever cut you want)
- 1 pkg Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 jar Green Salsa
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Place roast in the crock pot
- Sprinkle ranch dressing mix and ground cumin on top/
- Cover with green salsa.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred with 2 forks when it is done.
- Allow meat to cool and divide for future recipes and store in freezer until you need it.
Shredded Beef Tacos
1 lb Beef Taco Meat
1 pkg Taco Shells
1/2 – 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Topping ideas: shredded lettuce, sour cream, diced tomatoes, salsa, taco sauce
Fill tacos with meat and toppings! Enjoy 🙂
- 1 (10-inch) flour tortilla (burrito size)
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (whole or 2% work best!)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Grease 9-inch pie plate. Press tortilla into prepared pie plate and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Toss chicken, cilantro, 1/2 cup cheese, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper in large bowl until combined.
- Spread filling over tortilla.
- Whisk eggs, milk, flour, baking powder, and ½ teaspoon salt in bowl until smooth.
- Slowly pour over filling, then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until surface is golden brown, about 16-20 minutes, and when knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes.
Slightly Adapted from this recipe here
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/2 – 1 TBS hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 2 TBS vegetable oil
- 5 9-inch flour tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cubed
- shredded lettuce, tomatoes, diced avocados, additional sour cream – for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, hot sauce, onion powder and seasoning salt.
- In another bowl, combine all 3 cheeses.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Crisp-ify the tortillas by adding one tortilla to the hot oil and flipping when the first side is slightly browned. Continue with the remaining tortillas, adding more oil if needed.
- Assembly: Place 1 tortilla on the bottom of the springform pan. Spread on 1/5 of the sour cream mixture, followed by 1/4 of the chicken, and 1/5 of the cheese mixture. Add another tortilla and repeat until you’ve laid the final tortilla on the top. Spread with the remaining sour cream mixture and top with the remaining cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the stack is heated through, about 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes for easier slicing. Top with lettuce, tomato, avocados and more sour cream, if desired.
Thanks to Taste and Tell for the amazing recipe!
This is an absolutely delicious meal. So full of flavor! BUT it takes alot of work SO be prepared. I wish I could tell you how long it takes to make but I usually have 2 children hanging onto my pants when I cook needing attention so it usually takes me longer than what it might take someone else.
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 2 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 TBS butter (if needed)
- 1 TBS olive oil (if needed)
- 1 cup white rice (DON’T OVER COOK!)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 12 oz (about 4 cups) broccoli florets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (10-oz) cans mild Rotel (Don’t use the walmart brand. Even the mild is TOO spicy for this meal!)
- 2 TBS butter
- 2 TBS flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Add the diced bacon to a very large skillet and turn heat to medium high.
- Cook the bacon until crisp, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- While the bacon is cooking, cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- When the bacon is crisp, remove to a plate leaving the drippings in the pan.
- If needed to grease the bottom of the pan, add butter and olive oil to the skillet.
- Add the chicken in a single layer and cook for five minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Remove the chicken to the plate with the bacon.
- Add the rice, water, and salt to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 14 minutes. When done, remove from heat.
- While the rice is cooking, add the broccoli and onion powder to the skillet where you cooked the bacon and chicken. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until broccoli is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add in minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly until just fragrant, about 30 seconds. Top with tomatoes, rice, chicken and bacon and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low to keep warm.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and whisk in the flour until just combined. Add in the chicken broth and stir well. Increase heat to high and cook until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and add in cheese and salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted, then pour in the skillet with the chicken and rice. Stir to combine and serve.
Makes 5 servings.
This recipe is slightly adapted. Find the original recipe here
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- 1 10-ounce can *mild* Ro*Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles
- 1 10-ounce can red enchilada sauce
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack
- 1/2 avocado, sliced thin (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat the pan over medium heat.
- Add the corn tortillas and cooked chicken to the pan and cook until heated through, stirring often.
- Pour the undrained Ro*Tel, enchilada sauce, and tomato sauce into the pan with 1/4 cup of each cheese.
- Stir to combine well. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle on the remaining cheese
- If you want, top with the avocado and cilantro before serving.
Find the original recipe here!
- 4 corn tortillas (6 inch), torn into bite-size pieces
- 8 ounces lean ground beef (93% lean)
- 1 10-ounce can Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 3/4 cup undrained Ranch Style® Beans
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Sour cream, optional
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Place tortilla pieces in skillet. Cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet.
- Cook ground beef in skillet until no longer pink; drain. Stir in drained tomatoes, corn. and beans. Bring to a boil. Simmer 2 minutes or until hot. Add tortilla pieces and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Cover. Let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream, if desired.