I originally found this recipe a few years ago on allrecipes.com but when I tried to find it to give credit to the original source I couldn’t find it anymore! Oh well. I tried. These muffins are delicious. I like them best if I’ve let the batter sit at least a couple of hours before I bake them. It helps the flavors mesh together better.
- 4 eggs
- 1 quart buttermilk (1 qt = 4 cups … You’re welcome 🙂 for some reason I have to look that up every time. Using regular milk works great too)
- 1 cup vegetable oil (I like using ½ c vegetable oil and ½ c unsweetened applesauce)
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 cups raisin bran cereal
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, buttermilk, oil and sugar.
- Stir in cereal and raisins.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt; add to egg mixture. (I’m sure sifting helps but I don’t own a sifter SO needless to say I’ve never sifted this before. I just kind of mix the dry ingredients together.)
- Stir just until all ingredients are moistened.
- To bake, gently stir batter; fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
This recipe makes about 4-5 dozen muffins. You can bake them all and eat them right away OR freeze them OR keep the batter in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.