Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes 6 – 8 servings
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 (14.5) oz can diced tomatoes with green chilis, undrained
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- corn or wheat tortillas
- chopped lettuce
- Monterey Jack, cheddar or cottage cheese
- diced avocados
- diced tomatoes
- hot sauce
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick saucepan over medium high heat. Once hot, add in garlic and saute 30 seconds.
- Stir in broth, diced tomatoes, cooked quinoa, onion powder, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne, coriander and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat, cover saucepan with lid and simmer about 20 minutes, until mixture has thickened.
- Stir in corn and black beans and simmer, uncovered 5 – 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix in lime juice and cilantro. Serve warm over tortillas with desired toppings.
Recipe Source: Cooking Classy