- 2.5 Roast Beef (chuck or whatever cut you want)
- 1 pkg Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 jar Green Salsa
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Place roast in the crock pot
- Sprinkle ranch dressing mix and ground cumin on top/
- Cover with green salsa.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred with 2 forks when it is done.
- Allow meat to cool and divide for future recipes and store in freezer until you need it.
Shredded Beef Tacos
1 lb Beef Taco Meat
1 pkg Taco Shells
1/2 – 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Topping ideas: shredded lettuce, sour cream, diced tomatoes, salsa, taco sauce
Fill tacos with meat and toppings! Enjoy 🙂
- 2.5 lb chuck roast
- flour (start with 1/4 cup)
- garlic salt
- dried rosemary
- butter (start with 2-3 TBS)
- 1 lb package of baby carrots
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 6 red potatoes
- 2 celery ribs
- 2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 packet onion soup mix
- 1 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 can beef broth
Combine some flour, garlic salt, and dried rosemary and lightly cover the roast.
In a skillet on the stove, melt the butter and then sear all sides of the meat
Place meat in slow cooker and add baby carrots, onion powder, small red potatoes and celery.
Combined 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, ½ a packet of onion soup mix, 1 tbs of Worcestershire sauce, and 1 can of beef broth. Pour over the meat in the slow cooker.
Cook on high for 4 hours and the turn it down to low for 2 hours.
Serving suggestions: Cheese Risotto and French Bread
I originally was going to use this recipe but I saw someone posted a comment a different version of it and I LOVED it. So I’m not sure how to reference a comment of a recipe but sdgirl who posted back in 2006. haha.
- 20 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 large)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup peeled and diced carrots (about 2 large carrots)
- 3/4 cup diced celery (about 2 large stalks)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme or rosemary
For the crumble:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (use 1/2 tsp for a slightly stronger garlic flavor)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup butter, cold and diced into small cubes
- 2 oz. finely shredded Parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup packed)
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp milk
- Place chicken in a slow cooker, pour chicken broth over chicken. Cover with lid and cook on low heat about 5 – 6 hours until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from slow cooker, dice and set aside. Try to remove pieces of fat from the broth.
To prepare crumble
- Preheat oven to 450 degree. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder and optional cayenne pepper. Using your finger tips, cut butter into mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Pour in milk and mix just until combine. Break and drop mixture into 1 – 2-inch pieces onto a lightly greased baking dish. Bake in oven for 10 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
To prepare filling
- Heat olive oil over medium/high heat. Once hot, add diced carrots and celery. Saute vegetables, stirring occasionally until lightly golden and tender, about 5 – 6 minutes. Pour vegetables into a bowl and set aside. Reduce heat to medium, melt butter in saucepan (I like to brown it a bit for and extra layer of flavor), then add in flour and cook, stirring constantly for about 20 seconds (it will be very thick). While stirring, slowly add in milk followed by reserved chicken broth, lemon juice, parsley, thyme, onion powder and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring mixture just to a boil, then slightly reduce heat and allow to cook about 1 minute longer until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove sauce from heat and add vegetables, frozen peas and diced chicken to sauce, then toss to evenly coat. Pour mixture into a 9-inch pie dish and sprinkle with baked crumble topping. If your pie pan is shallow like mine, you might split it into 2 pans and make 2 pies.
- Bake in 400 degree oven until nicely golden about 12 – 14 minutes.
Recipe Source: Cooking Classy
Although this recipe is a slow cooker recipe, it only takes 4 hours from start to finish. So if you normally eat at 6:00 you’ll need to start it at 2:00.
- 12 oz potatoes, cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Two 14.5- oz cans chicken broth
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ tsp dried thyme, crushed
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- One 12- oz can evaporated fat-free milk (1½ cups)
- ½ cup ham, diced
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrots (2 medium)
- 1 cup broccoli florets, steamed
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese (1- oz)
- In the insert of a slow cooker, combine potatoes and onion powder. Pour broth over vegetables. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 3 hours.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornstarch, thyme and pepper. Whisk in evaporated milk. Slowly stir the cornstarch mixture, ham and carrots into the hot soup. Cover and cook for 30 minutes more, stirring the soup occasionally.
- Serve the soup topped with broccoli and cheese.
Chicken Cordon Bleu is normally really labor intensive. but this delicious recipe is super easy…just toss everything in the slow cooker!
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 4 oz sliced ham
- 4 oz sliced swiss cheese
- 1 (8 oz) package herbed dry bread stuffing mix
- 1/4 c butter, melted
- Mix together the coup and milk in a bowl.
- Pour enough of the milk mixture into the slow cooker to cover the bottom.
- Layer chicken breasts over the sauce.
- Cover the chicken with slices of ham and cheese.
- Pour the remaining soup over the layers.
- Sprinkle the stuffing on top and drizzle the melted butter over the entire dish.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Original recipe here
- 1 lb. dried split peas, rinsed and sorted
- 2 quarts chicken broth or 8 c. water + 8 tsp. chicken bouillon
- 1 lb. ham diced into small pieces (perfect for left over ham!)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. marjoram
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- pinch of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
Place all the ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours. You can also cook it on high until it starts to boil and then turn the setting on low until you’re ready to serve the soup. Top with garlic croutons.
Slightly adapted from http://www.ourbestbites.com/2011/01/split-pea-soup-with-ham/