- 1 pie crust, 9-inch, refrigerated (or make your own!)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 10 oz frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well-drained
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Press pie crust into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch, removable-bottom tart pan or a 9-inch pie pan; refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, add ricotta cheese, cheddar cheese, egg, egg whites, mustard, onion powder, oregano, salt and pepper; mix well and fold in broccoli. Spoon mixture into prepared crust and level surface with a wooden spoon; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until a knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces. Yields 1 piece per serving.
This recipe actually a Weight Watchers Recipe!